GENERAL DATA PROTECTION (GDPR):-
Luminescents does not collect data on visitors to its website except where such a visit results in an order being placed in which instance the details entered by the purchaser of items being ordered and the billing and delivery addresses ( if different) are retained in order to fulfil the delivery of the order. In addition the IP address of the computer is captured for security purposes. This is quite normal.
When paying for the order the visitor is taken to a third party payment portal (WorldPay or PayPal) away from the Luminescents website using secure encryption (look for the https and secure padlock symbols) to make payment by whichever method is chosen. This is a far more secure method of payment than websites which store personal payment details on their own servers. You are not connected to the Luminescents website during this payment process and no-one at Luminescents can ever see your payment transaction details. You are returned to the Luminescents website after payment is authorised or refused.
You do not need to make an account to place an order.
Luminescents has never advertised and does not carry advertisements on its website nor does it cross or upsell its products. It does not e mail or operate an e mail list based upon it previous purchasers or enquirers through it “contact us” page.
Luminescents has never shared any details of any of its customers nor ever intends to do so with any third party other than as regarded by the GDPR rules, the sharing of your delivery address for an order placed with a third party carrier ( in this case the Royal Mail who may then share the information with other third party carriers if delivery is overseas) is regarded as sharing and is legal in the pursuit of our obigations to fulfil the item you have ordered.
Luminescents has never e mailed, nor ever intends to do so, any of its purchasers with promotional or marketing e mails but reserves the right to e mail those having registered their e mail address with an order to confirm despatch and delivery information for that order inpursuant with normal legal requirements in the operation of our business. Your agreement to our terms and conditions when placing an order confirms that you have accepted this.
Luminescents is happy to respond to those who might wish to check if we hold information given by them at any point in their commercial relationship with us and if so would like to exercise their “right to be forgotten” sometimes and also known as a “right to erasure”.
Simply ask for a data information request via the Contact Us page in the first instance. Your request will be acknowledged and you will be asked to provide documentary proof that you are who you say you are ( a photocopy of a recent (within the last 6 months ) utility bill or a driving license or passport will suffice. Any information will be despatched using tracked and signed for postage to an address provided on any one of the methods used to prove identity. A fee of £10 will be levied for each information request as per the ICO’s recommendations and all straight forward requests will be met with a response within 40 days of receipt of the requisite identifaction material and fee being received where possible.
Luminescents relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including the following:
- As needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as when contacting us via our “contact us” page
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as principally The Royal Mail and its overseas partners. We share your delivery information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, We may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if We have a good faith and a belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal processes or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:-
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. we describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the Contact Us page in the first instance. Your request will be acknowledged and you will be asked to provide documentary proof that you are who you say you are ( a photocopy of a recent (within the last 6 months ) utility bill or a driving license or passport will suffice. Any information will be despatched using tracked and signed for postage to an address provided on any one of the methods used to prove identity. A fee of £10 will be levied for each information request as per the ICO’s recommendations and all straight forward requests will be met with a response within 40 days of receipt of the requisite identifaction material and fee being received where possible.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) We will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us (should we ever decide to embark on this course) after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, We will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website that you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web would be a much more frustrating experience.
We have NEVER used cookies except to allow your basket to be remembered if you log out in the middle of a browsing session and have no plans to do so. We have no interest in tracking your internet usage. We do not deliver advertisements, let alone targetted ones and there are no preference settings on this website or any associated Moonshine Group website which would require the use of such cookies.
We have always believed that to keep our customer information safe it is best not to keep it at all and as such, Luminescents does not hold any details about you in its database unless you have made an order in which case only your name and address ( as supplied by you ) is stored and separately from the servers that deliver product information. We do not hold any personal information about you or any payment information that you have used. When making payment for your purchase you are connected to the payment providers servers and not ours which is why it is so important for you to wait for the payment provider to return you to our site after authorisation.
Luminescents will never sell your address details if you make an account nor have we or ever intend to pass them on to third parties.
You do not need to create an account to use this website – you may purchase as a guest but no-one at Luminescents can see your password if you have created an account and no-one can see any of your payment details at any time.
Accounts created by customers without a valid address or including an incomplete address will be summarily deleted without notification.
All e-mails received are scanned by well known intuitive and self educational spam filtering software which scores the probability of the e-mail being from a known spamming source or, indeed, a known spammer – such e-mails are re-directed to a trash holding filter where the content of the e-mail is analyzed, IP addresses stored and investigated, relevant source code to identify the source noted, and subsequent reports made to the originator’s ISP for further investigation and possible legal consequences being undertaken. It is not worth your time to attempt to spam this website’s e-mail addresses – the consequential legal action could be severe.
Luminescents reserves the right to alter the components or ingredients of any of its products at any time without and notification. Colours and packaging may vary slightly from those shown.
Luminescents cannot be held liable nor is responsible, or indeed endorses any third party content which may include external links placed upon the site by agencies.Luminescents cannot remove these and you must contact the agency you dealt with originally should you wish to remove or amend such items.
For other legitimate enquiries please contact us using the “Contact Us” page if you have any questions.
TEXT, PHOTOGRAPHIC, & ILLUSTRATIVE MATERIALS:-
No part of this website may be copied or reproduced, in whole, or in part, nor is any release or permission given other than the display of these pages on a monitor screen. All rights reserved.
Every effort has been made to ascertain, identify, license the use of, and obtain permission for any non original material, whether text, graphic or photographic in nature, used on this and any other Moonshine group site.
If you believe that there is material which is infringing copyright then you MUST communicate your concern to the webmaster at Moonshine Group in the first instance at webmaster@Luminescents.co.uk who will do his utmost to resolve the situation.
Any alleged infringement of copyright will require proof of ownership of the disputed material , however any image or text being questioned might be removed whilst investigation in undertaken. Any material not obviously shown to have copyright ownership will be considered to be in the public domain or will have been licensed for use. Moonshine Group and all of its subsidiaries will accept no responsibility for its inclusion on any site although will treat any submission seriously.